Dysport® is a cosmetic injectable to treat facial lines and wrinkles. It is a neuromodulator, which means that it works by relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles to form.
Downtime and Results
Dysport is a low-downtime treatment that allows most patients to return to their regular day after their appointment. Immediately following treatment, your skin will temporarily be swollen and red for 20 minutes or less. The most common side effects include redness, swelling, and tenderness at the injection site. Rarely some patients have been reported to experience side effects such as nausea, headache, and inflammation.
Results can usually be seen within 1-3 days and last 3-6 months. Subsequent treatments can be performed in 90 days.
For best results, we recommend avoiding the following during recovery:
- Icing the area
- Lying down (four hours)
- Applying makeup (30-45 minutes)
- Touching the small bumps that may appear at the injection site (20 minutes)
- Scrubbing or massaging your face (24 hours)
- Consuming alcohol (24 hours)
- Strenuous exercise (24 hours)
- Any activity where your face is pointing down (24 hours)
- Sleeping on your face (24 hours)
- Excessive heat (hot yoga, saunas, hot tubs, etc., for 48 hours)
- Facials (one week)
- Tanning (two weeks)