PRP Facial Rejuvenation Treatment Details
Before treatment, we will cleanse and prep your skin, just as you would expect during a facial. You may also be given a topical anesthetic, depending on how the platelet-rich plasma will be administered. After this, the treatment consists of three steps:
- Blood draw: We will take 1-2 ounces of blood from you.
- Centrifuge: Your blood will be placed into a machine to separate the plasma from the red blood cells and impurities.
- PRP administration: The separated and purified plasma will be administered to your skin.
Platelet-rich plasma can be administered with microneedling, microdermabrasion, or injections. During your consultation with us, we will determine which method of delivering the PRP will work best for your aesthetic needs.
- When PRP is used with microneedling, it is dripped onto the skin while the microneedling device creates tiny holes in the dermis. This allows the PRP to reach deeply into the pores.
- When PRP is used with microdermabrasion, it is added gradually to the skin as the microdermabrasion device passes over the area. The microdermabrasion device includes a tip made of ablative material to exfoliate the skin and create new collagen production.
- When PRP is administered with injections, it is simply injected into different areas of the face where improvement is desired.