Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2017
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness of breast cancer risks, the value of screening and early detection, and treatment options available to women and men who are diagnosed with one of the many forms of breast cancer. More than 249,000 people in the United States are diagnosed with invasive breast cancer every year, and nearly 41,000 die from the disease.
Find Out More About These Breast Cancer Organizations
- National Cancer Institute’s Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool
- Breast Cancer in Men section of the American Cancer Society site
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation advocates for early detection and offers education and support services.
- BreastCancer.org provides information and community support
- Susan G. Komen’s mission is “empowering people, ensuring quality care for all, and energizing science to find the cures.”
- The National Breast Cancer Coalition trains patients and others in effective advocacy with the goal of ending breast cancer by 2020.
- Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, a group that encourages innovative cancer research and explains breast cancer science for the general public.
Post by everydayhealth.com